Monday, September 19, 2011

Feeling Zippy

We got home from Hawaii really late last night and thankfully took today off from work as well to recoup. Still woke Mallory up at a decent hour this morning so we could try and get her back to our time zone and on a normal routine. She also went to daycare so Jody and I could have time to catch up on laundry, chores, and errands.

One of my stops while doing errands was to Sports Authority for some new running/workout shoes. I have been eying the Reebok RealFlex even though I haven't been a fan of Reebok shoes since I was a kid. But I've read some good reviews about them for the type of runner that I am and I'm digging the style. As soon as I slipped the shoe on my foot I was in LOVE with the way it fit; like a glove. It was so light and the mesh made it feel like I had just my sock on. I walked around the store for awhile and decided they were coming home with me. After having to get some help to look for my size in the color I wanted, digging around in tons of boxes with the lady, going through the store looking at the displays for possible pair match ups, we finally found what I wanted. And because the lady felt bad that it took so long for us to find the shoes, she gave me a 15 percent off coupon. Score.

So I wore my new kicks out the door to wear them in a bit before my boot camp class this evening while I ran the rest of my errands, feeling zippy through the aisles of the grocery store. I'm happy with how I they felt while working out tonight and I'll test the way they feel on a run after work tomorrow. Let's see if these "running buddies"can stand up to their good reviews.


P.S. I'll write about our Hawaii trip next.


2 comments:

  1. They are a great shoe! I currently am wearing my Nike Free shoes. I have had them about a year and they are like socks! I can't run in them though, they don't have enough support but I know some people can! Sock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catchy title. It didn't have anything to do with you guys going on a zip line in Maui or us eating at Zippy's before taking you to the airport, did it?
    Happy running. Hope you guys had fun in Maui.

    ReplyDelete