Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fun and Sassy

I love having long hair. And when I was pregnant with Mallory it grew like a weed. It was super healthy and shiny and soft. After Mallory was born, taking care of my long hair became an immediate nuisance and I almost always had it up in a ponytail. Over the course of the past year my hair has slowly become shorter and shorter out of a need to make it as simple as possible for me to take care of. I also kept cutting it as Mallory's fascination to pull and yank on it all of the time became more apparent. And even though it went from mid-waist to shoulder level, I still wasn't totally satisfied with the style of it.

So last week my craving to try a new hairstyle had me contacting my new sister-in-law Sara - who is an amazing hairstylist at The Garage Hair and Skin Lounge in Roseville - and she was able to fit me in this past Sunday. The style I chose: a-line with lots of highlights. The result: I totally LOVE it! She did an amazing job and I have gotten so many compliments on it so far. It feels good to have a hairstyle that is fun and sassy. I've had shorter hair in the past and always remember saying that I would never cut it short again; yet here I am with very short hair and I'm definitely not regretting my decision. And even when I need to put it back in a ponytail I still can - with a headband and/or lots of bobby pins, but it's possible. 


2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Jackie, practical, yet "sassy"! You needed a change and a boost, good for you...what does Mallory think? I love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your just as beautiful on the inside! Miss you Kiddos! xo

    ReplyDelete