Sunday, July 15, 2012

Difference of Opinion

Mallory and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to the refrigerator. I like it clean and free of any type of debris - no magnets, no papers, no reminder notes, nothing. I feel like I've already made huge strides by allowing one side of the fridge that you rarely see hold some of those items that you see on most people's refrigerator, but even that I limit to imperative information.

Mallory, on the other hand, looks at my clean refrigerator as a blank slate. Right now I'm okay with the multicolored letter/number magnets being thrown all over the front of my bare refrigerator though because I love to see her try and spell words. She's not even close to spelling anything that makes sense, but if you ask her she'll give you a whole explanation of what's on that fridge.

She's in for a rude awakening though when she wants to start hanging things that she makes or gets at school on my fridge - it just aint happening. That's where the DIY project that I have in mind will come in handy. Now let's see if I can complete that project before she comes running to me one day saying, "Mommy, can we hang this up on the fridge?"

How I like the fridge to be

How Mallory feels it should look


Can't let the ice/water dispenser go without

Proud of her work

3 comments:

  1. Dear Mallory, your fridge art work is beautiful in Mamaw's eyes! When my brothers, sister, & I were little, we used to say 1/4 of anything in our home was "our space". In contrast Jackie had a 100% share of fridge space. Hmmm..Your Mommy will make a "gallery" for you I'm sure. XOXO Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, welcome to motherhood!! Just be thankful it's not crayons on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far she's skipped the walls but hasn't been shy about coloring on the furniture!

      Delete