Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Leave it to the Professionals

So I decided that although I feel that I deserve to go get a pedicure, in order to save some money I would just do it myself. I mean, it's not like it's that hard to paint your toenails. And it's usually not; except when you're six months pregnant and your belly gets in the way of bending down to reach your toenails. I guess I didn't think it would be that hard because when I'm stretching after a workout I'm still pretty flexible. Maybe it was because my muscles weren't warmed up as I was struggling to bend my body toward my toes, or maybe it was because I had to hold the brush steady as I painted tiny toenails while my breath was being cut off. Either way, I think it's safe to say that from here on out, whether I feel that I deserve a pedicure or not, I need to just leave it to the professionals.

Getting my old nail polish off was pretty easy so I started off feeling confident that doing it myself was a good idea. Then came the nail clippers. I cut a few nails a little too short, which means that running tomorrow is going to make the skin on my toes hurt. I also noticed that I was having to cut my nails in shifts because bending over was causing me to hold my breath. Jody even commented that maybe he should help. "Nah, I got this." I chose a nail polish that was pretty neutral just in case my paint job got messy. Good thing I did because as you can see from the pictures, nobody would pay me for this kind of work. I was going to get some cotton swabs and clean off the areas of my skin that I got paint on, but now I'm out of breath and I don't want to bend over for even two more seconds to fix it. I'll do it tomorrow morning after my run so that way my muscles will be warmed up and maybe I'll be a bit more flexible. Or, I could leave it to the professionals and just go get a real pedicure...

No comments:

Post a Comment