Sunday, November 14, 2010

Relishing in the Awesomeness

Right now I am relishing in the awesomeness of this weekend. After dealing with a colicky baby this past week, we were blessed with a perfectly behaved Mallory the entire weekend starting on Friday. I was a little worried that Friday wasn't going to be a good day for her because she had to get her Hep B shot, but she was a trooper and only cried for a brief moment after the needle pricked her. After her appointment she let my mom and I go to Costco to get the things that we've been needing for the last couple of weeks while she took a nap. I think the shot made her tummy hurt a little though because she threw up her lunch while we were in Costco. Good thing for diaper bags to keep you prepared for situations like those.

Saturday Jody and I were able to break away for a date while my mom watched Mallory. We went to Fat's for lunch where I chowed down on my favorite dish, the Honey Walnut Prawns. Afterward we saw the movie Due Date which we both thought was pretty darn funny. I like Robert Downey Jr. as an actor, and anyone who doesn't think Zach Galifianakis is funny should be shot. I recommend it. Of course I had to call my mom after we ate to check in on Miss Mallory and make sure she was being good for her Mamaw, which she was. That and I couldn't help but think of her. When we returned home we took Leo for a walk up to the park by our house and I tested out the new Chicco carrier that we bought. She was snug as a bug in a rug and fell asleep almost immediately after we started walking. Super comfortable carrier by the way.

Today's awesomeness started in the middle of the night when Mallory went four and a half hours in-between feedings allowing me to sleep a continuous three hours. It may not happen again tonight, but at least I know she's capable of going that long so times like that will become more regular. I was able to get some cleaning around the house done this morning; that made me happy. Then we all went out as a family for lunch to Jack's before my mom left to go back home. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and sat on the patio. I got to go for a run this afternoon and even though the wind made it a little more difficult, I'm seeing my time improve.

I seriously couldn't have asked for the weekend to go any better!

1 comment:

  1. Answered Prayers! Great to hear that you three are happy and healthy! A little rest can go along way! xo

    ReplyDelete