Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Oh Shoot!" Reminder

Reminder notices can come in all different kinds of forms - an Outlook appointment, an email confirmation, a Post-it® note, a phone call/text message, or a simple string tied around your finger - and they can initiate all different kinds of reactions - happiness, annoyance, excitement, anxiety (both good and bad), frustration, or thankfulness.

Yesterday morning I experienced an "Oh shoot!" reminder when I came across this post on how to travel with a baby. As I was reading the tips that Lesley outlined, I was quickly reminded that I will be traveling with a baby this coming Sunday and I haven't even started preparing my list of things to remember to pack. Yikes. It's not that I forgot that I was going to be traveling, it's just that I didn't comprehend that Sunday isn't really that far away anymore and I still have a lot to do to get ready. Better get my pen and paper ready!

While the reason for my travel is work related, I will be riding the coattails of the conference that I will be at by staying a couple extra days to visit with family that live in the Southern California area. And the BEST part of it all is that I will be taking Mallory with me so she can meet family members that she's never met before! Of course there's NO WAY I would be working and traveling with a toddler alone, so my mom is coming along as well. It's going to be a girl's trip to remember, with lots of memories created and four generation pictures to be taken.

2 comments: