Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tales from Paradise, Part I

We woke up really, really early this morning - must still be on California time. But I love being up to see the sun come alive. Early mornings are so peaceful to me, especially when I have the ocean as my view while drinking my cup of coffee. We didn't do too much today but we planned it that way. We drove over to the Sheraton for lunch, ordered way too much food, and enjoyed some delicious cocktails out of bamboo shoots. Afterwards we hit the beach where Jody proceeded to take a nap and I braved the cold water to snorkel around Black Rock. I had heard some rumblings of a sea turtle being in the waters but I wasn't lucky enough to catch a glimpse. I saw lots of fish and even a couple of eels; and yes I did try to touch the ones that got close, though I was never successful. We stayed local for dinner and even hit up a video rental store to grab a movie. Tomorrow we plan on renting some mopeds and exploring a little more. I remember renting them when I went to Oahu for my senior trip and it was a blast so I'm expecting similar adventures tomorrow. Aloha!


Good morning sun





A few afternoon rain drops

4 comments:

  1. Mount Up Rough Riders! Have fun on those mopeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the mopeds! We did have a lot of fun! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to report that your child has eaten green beans and tomato's all due to me telling her it's Kaylee's favorite. Peer pressure DOES work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally back from our long road trip, enjoy your vacation you two! Love Mom & Tom

    ReplyDelete