Monday, November 11, 2013

Honoring Our Veterans

The kids and I met up with the Albrecht clan for Folsom's Veteran's Day Parade. It was the first time I had ever been even though I've been living in Folsom for years now. There was quite a big turn out and the parade was much longer than I thought it would be - tells you how often I go to parades. Mallory enjoyed herself and was on a serious look-out for any candy that was being tossed; she would leap out to grab it. As if though we hadn't just celebrated Halloween. Nolan was content watching and listening as he sat perched on my hip, while my shoulders were burning from holding him up. The pain we go through to make our kids happy. It was a fun way to start the morning and a great way to honor those who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. Happy Veteran's Day and thank you so much for your service!

Donuts and videos while waiting for the parade to start

Opening act

Beautiful horses

Wonder how heavy that was for them

Lots of old cars

Old versus new

Go carts!

FHS Marching Band

My "tax credit"

2 comments:

  1. Boy that looks like a lot of fun for the kids and a great learning moment too! Go Mallory for the good sight to watch for the flying candy!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great parade, wonderful that the vets are being honored so nicely, good for the kids too. Beautiful day and I like that last little "tax deduction" photo, very cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete