Sunday, August 8, 2010

Maternity Photos

One of the things that I wanted to make sure to do during my pregnancy was get maternity photos taken. I knew I needed to wait until I was far enough along that you would definitely be able to see my belly in the photos, but I also didn't want to wait too long because the vain part of me didn't want to look swollen. Thankfully since I've been able to continue my running and working out routine, most of the weight that I have gained is in the baby belly. I'm proud of myself for staying active and feel that because of my hard work I've very much embraced my body changing with the stages of pregnancy. It was certainly something that I thought of before getting pregnant. No girl enjoys gaining weight. And though it's only temporary and for something amazing, it's still a little scary.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted Katie Fretland of Platinum Photogra
phy to take my photos. I've known Katie since high school and we reconnected via Facebook about two years ago. In looking at her profile and seeing her posts I found out she was a professional photographer for weddings, portraits, and all things baby related. Visiting her Website, I found myself smiling as I looked through her portfolio and have thoroughly enjoyed keeping up with her latest updates of photo sessions. So when I became pregnant I knew she was who I wanted to go to for my maternity photos. I contacted her early on to ask when we should take them and scheduled a session last month when I was 29-weeks. I was so impressed at how comfortable she made us feel throughout the entire session. Sometimes taking that many photos can make you start to question how to stand and where to look so you don't look stiff and posed. I love the natural looking photos when you're not always looking at the camera and she definitely caught some great ones. She met me last Friday evening to give me the DVD and I couldn't wait to get home to see how they turned out. There are over 140 pictures total and I love them all! It's going to be really hard to choose which ones to enlarge and hang up in the house. I'm going to print out a bunch to hang up at my baby shower next weekend and most likely have a larger one with a mat that everyone can sign. I'll also put some in Mallory's nursery. I'm posting a few of my favorites here on the blog, but I've uploaded them all to my Shutterfly Share account so family and friends can see the whole album. Obviously we'll be using Katie again to take Mallory's newborn photos once she's arrived and I'm already excited because I know they'll turn out just as captivating. I highly, highly recommend Katie to anyone living in the Sacramento area - you will not be disappointed!






No comments:

Post a Comment