Sunday, April 10, 2011

Six Months

Our lives have been so blessed these past six months and it's because of this adorable little girl named Mallory. I am still so much in awe of her and how different she has made me look at life. She is growing up so quickly in both size and skills. She's definitely a chunk; according to Carter's she's already in 12 months clothing. They're a little baggy on her but it's better than being too tight. Don't want her to pass out because her pants are so tight that they prevent her from breathing properly. CPS would start taking notes on me.


Mallory's personality is showing more and more and often times makes Jody and I laugh. She's already a little comedian. Whether her comedy is on purpose, we'll have to wait and see. Her facial expressions are endless and I wish so badly that I could read her mind when she makes them. Though we don't want our little girl to grow up too fast, both Jody and I agree that we enjoy her much more now than when she was a newborn. She is in love with Elmo and will literally stop what she's doing if she hears his voice on TV to turn and look. We now know most of the songs from her DVD's by heart and catch ourselves singing them randomly throughout the day. We just got her her own chair to sit in to watch TV; it makes me less concerned then sitting her on the couch since I've already had to go through one experience of her falling off.


She's doing great with the solids and seems to like everything we've given her with the exception of prunes. Peas, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, and apples are welcomed with a big open mouth and sometimes can't get in fast enough. So far she's a pretty clean eater but at times gets easily distracted with what's going on around her so the spoon will miss her mouth and end up spilling on her lap. We have perfected our nightly routine and I'm positive it's the reason she continues to sleep through the night. Solid food, play time, bath, bottle, bed. She has recently discovered splashing at bath time and does it so much that I end up just getting in the water with her instead of fighting an uphill battle.


She still prefers to be held as much as possible but I refuse to spoil her too much with it because I don't want her to rely on me to carry her around everywhere. Lord knows she'll need the exercise once she becomes completely mobile seeing as she's got some extra meat on those bones. Though she still tends to be on the quiet side, when she does talk now it's a lot and somewhat loud. I had her in the carrier yesterday while my mom and I were shopping and she was talking so loud that I could barely hear what my mom was saying to me. Sometimes she gets going so much that it starts to sound like she's singing. I love to hear her do this especially because we don't get to hear her do it often.


We are so grateful for this little girl who has blessed our lives and filled it with so much joy and love!

4 comments:

  1. Great article and photos of Mallory. You are right... you guys enjoy every minute you have. These six months have flown by. Before you know it, she will be a teenager. Heaven knows she seems to act like a grown up already. She seems to be an old soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! She is changing quickly! I remember, this was my favorite time as a Mama. Every day was something new and wonderful! She is a blessing to Papa and Nama too! She is soooooo funny! I agree with Ted, she seems to be an old soul! I use to call Jody an old soul too. xxxxxxooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a big girl now Mallory, your own chair and eating big people food...you are truly the sunshine of our lives! But don't grow up too fast, OK? These are some of the bestest times for all of us with you! BTW, you look pretty in that color...love you lots. Mamaw & Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elmo was and still is Mr. Man's best friend! Elmo was invited to bed, went to school, had to stay in the car, but was in his car seat, waiting to greet Mr. Man after his school day was over! He is a true family member. He even came to Disneyland with us! Papa and Nama miss Elmo now! We are heading to Walmart today to find Elmo for Burbles!!!!! 5 more days! xxxx

    ReplyDelete