Sunday, April 17, 2011

They're Here to Stay

Went to the doctor yesterday for Mallory's six month check up. A week behind her actual six month mark, but close enough. It's more that I totally forgot to make her an appointment and before I knew it she was six months old. Thankfully her pediatrician has Saturday office hours - clutch for working parents - and still had slots available when I called Friday morning.

She is a hefty 19.4 lbs. (95th percentile) and 26 in. (70th percentile) which means she's short and stout; like the teapot from the nursery rhyme. When the doctor asked how she was doing with taking to fruits and veggies I laughed and said, "Look at her doc. She'll eat anything you give her and then some!" I surprisingly didn't have too many questions to ask, but one of my firsts was about her eyes. I can't believe that Mallory's big, beautiful eyes are blue and wanted to know if they still have a chance of changing. He said they're here to stay. Yesssss! I'm so excited for her, as I think everyone who doesn't have blue eyes at some point in their life wished they did. And statistically speaking, the chances of her having them when both Jody and I have brown eyes is very slim. According to The Tech Museum, 7.8 percent slim. Mallory must be a pretty special kid; born on 10-10-10 and now blue eyes here to stay.


2 comments:

  1. How exciting, we have a blue-eyed sweetie pie in our families! And I believe I see HAIR growing on this sugar bear?? Mallory, you look so cute in your outfit as usual, maybe I am just biased? Jackie, she looks like she is doing OK being on her tummy? I see a crawling little girl sooner than we know...no more time to yourself again, she will be into everything and Littles won't be safe anymore. She looks like a baby model in these, so pretty...love you Mallory, Mamaw see you soon for hugs and kisses and playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited! She looks right threw you? Stunning! Be in town tomarrow about 12ish! xo

    ReplyDelete