Monday, June 27, 2011

Mixed Feelings

This afternoon I will be getting on a plane to go down to San Diego for work and I have very mixed feelings about it. San Diego is a beautiful city with ideal weather and gorgeous views; a perfect vacation destination. And while I'm looking forward to basking in the wonderfulness that is San Diego, I'm not looking forward to leaving my little girl and husband for three days.

This is the first time that I'm traveling this far away and gone for this long. When I dropped her off at school today she looked at me like she knew I was leaving her. So of course I started crying when I got in the car. This little girl has turned my once strong persona into a pile of mush. It's crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope I don't make a scene in front of my co-workers when we're sitting at the airport this afternoon waiting to board the plane.

Though I'm going to miss my little family like crazy, I am hoping to be able to enjoy this little break of freedom. I love Mallory more than anything, but I still like having me-time too. I get to hang out with some cool co-workers, meet up with my BFF, and stay at this amazing place: Hyatt Manchester Grand.


I hope that while I'm away Mallory is good for Jody. This will be his first time playing single dad during the week, which is much harder than on the weekends. More responsibility, more details to remember, and less time to do it all in. With all that he's accountable for on his own these next few days, he might actually miss me more than I will miss him...

2 comments:

  1. Go ahead and make a scene, Mama...those who are moms will understand...those who aren't will hopefully have their turns someday. Enjoy yourself inSD and you'll be amazed at how understanding your lil princess will be! Oh, and Jody will soooo appreciate you when you return! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast! You DO need ME time and Jody will have special time with Miss Mallory! Yes, he will learn ALL of what you do you the both of them and miss you dearly! Personally, I think a trip now and then is a healthy thing! Have a wonderful time Jac! We love you! xo

    ReplyDelete