Friday, March 30, 2012

Bringing the Gym to Me

First I must start with a big, enthusiastic "Happy Friday!" because not only is it Friday (which is always a good thing), it's a holiday so I have the day off. And who doesn't love having days off.

..........................................................................

I'm also excited to report that I am now done* with a project that I teased about here. I'm keeping an asterisk after the word 'done' because I wouldn't say that it's 100 percent complete, but I at least have enough done that I am able to use it for it's true purpose. It's purpose: my very own workout space. Proof that with a little creativity, you don't need a gym to get in a good workout.

While I didn't totally cancel my gym membership to 24 Hour Fitness (because I have one of those memberships that you never hear about anymore and only pay an insanely low amount annually to have so I'll never get rid of it), I did cancel the extra $20 I was paying every month just to belong to the location in Folsom. I guess they feel that adding the word "Super" in front of "Sport" makes it worth charging people extra to use. No thanks. So I decided to save myself some extra cash by bringing the gym to me.

One of the nice things about being a girl is the type of equipment that I use to workout with doesn't necessarily need to be the machines that you would see in a gym. The Basic Training class that I started taking back in April 2011 taught me that you can get in incredible shape without going to a gym. And though I very much miss the team aspect of working out with my Folsom BT pals, I know I can do it on my own. I've already used it and am pleased with my new space. When I'm out there I get a lot of curious looks from my neighbors (especially when I'm using the tire) which only fuels to my motivation to use it. I know as I go along I'll add more equipment to use, and thanks to the lovely Internet finding new exercise routines is endless.


3 comments:

  1. Nice job! I see the blackboard in the background. Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you Jackie, you have kept your focus on fitness and it will make for a healthier life for you and Mallory. It won't be long and you will have to create a routine for her to join you! Love you , Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Jac and very proud of you and your many talents! You always find a way!!!!
    Much love and miss you guys bunchs~

    ReplyDelete