Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Hate That Hound

I have always loved animals. Like most kids declare at a point in their young life, I wanted to be a vet when I grew up. Obviously that didn't happen, but my adoration for animals still holds true. And if you were to ask me, "Are you a dog-person or a cat-person?", I would simply say, "I'm a person who loves animals*." (*not to be confused with reptiles or bugs)

However, there is this lady that lives a few houses down from us who has an older beagle that I don't love so much. In fact, I hate that hound. She takes him on early morning walks every day (weekends included) and crosses in front of our house both coming and going. The ENTIRE time she is walking that dog, he is barking/howling at the top of his lungs. Not at anyone or anything, just does it. Constantly. And it's awful sounding. Mallory doesn't like him either; he's woken her up many times and she always cries when it happens. Stupid dog.

In more positive doggie-related news, how intelligent does Leo look with glasses on - I think it fits his breed well. He puts up with a lot of shenanigans from this family!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo! What's their address? I'll send then an anonymous note from Colorado asking them to put a muzzle on that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have been "put on file" for parking...the rules need to be enforced equally. That dog is horrible sounding, I thought for sure he was going to wake Mallory up one morning when I was there taking care of her when she was sick. I vote for a silent dog whistle when he comes around! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Leo looks SO distinguished! great pic Jackie...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. We have two Scottie dogs two houses down that bark and yap all the time. Drives us nuts. I love Leo Buds... he looks great with those glasses. Now if you can just teach him how to gargle with Scope...

    ReplyDelete