Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Getaway to the Bay

To say that Jody's work schedule has been hectic the past couple of weeks is an understatement. So last week I decided to try and make our plans to see the A's game on Saturday more of a weekend getaway to the Bay. We already had monster set up with Mamaw and Poppa for the night so it was only a matter of seeing which one of my hotel contacts could get me a free overnight stay. And even though getting a comp room in San Francisco can be almost impossible - especially on the weekend - I was able to snag one, and our last minute escape was complete.

Sitting in the familiar but unwanted I-80 traffic, we made it to Oakland Coliseum only missing the first couple of innings. After observing the game we drove to our hotel to freshen up and then headed over to Embarcadero to act like true tourists, exploring the plethora of shops that the lovely Pier 39 has to offer. It was so nice to be dismissive to time and responsibility for an entire 24-hours; and it was awesome to soak in the cooler temperatures that many people love about the Bay. While the trip was quick, we still very much appreciated the time away and are thankful that everything ended up working out to our advantage.

















2 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome post. Many things I liked about it... the complimentary room is nice and I liked the use of the word "plethora" (reminds me of "The Three Amigos"). Glad you guys could get away for some fun time... although missing a "few" innings of a baseball game is almost a sin.

    ReplyDelete