Sunday, July 14, 2013

Baby Shower for Nolan

I had my shower for baby Nolan on Saturday afternoon. The overall theme was "Ice Cream" and then I played up the colors of blue, green, and orange. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to have an ice cream party because, if you've been following my pregnancy journey, you have heard me say that ice cream has been my biggest weakness/craving this time around. With Mallory I craved vegetables, but with Nolan it's sugar. I had the shower at my community's clubhouse - the same spot I did Mallory's shower. It's nice to have access to a free, air-conditioned space other than my own house and still be within walking distance to show off the nursery.

I gathered a lot of my ideas for the party from scouring Pinterest - have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest. I was really trying to not go overboard and keep things as simple as possible, not just for the sake of my wallet but also for my sanity in that I didn't want to be too stressed out when it came to the actual set up. I feel like I succeeded and was able to truly enjoy myself when it came time for the party to start. We all enjoyed the yummy ice cream bar and played a few silly games before diving into the wonderful gifts that baby Nolan received - and even a few gifts for me to indulge in like chocolate and massages. It was a wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have shared it with amazing family and friends, both those that were able to come in person and those that were there in spirit.









1 comment:

  1. You look so pretty and happy Jackie, what a beautiful shower...the colors, ice cream bar, everything, you always do such nice planning! In retrospect, I should have come early Saturday and spent Saturday night instead to have more shower celebrating time. I'm so excited to be a Mamaw for a little boy now, how perfect! Love you Critter

    ReplyDelete