Tuesday, July 30, 2013

36 Weeks

We're another week closer to meeting baby Nolan. At my doctor appointment yesterday she had to pull out the ultrasound equipment to take a peek at him because she thought she felt him in a breach position again. But he's still head-down and will most likely stay that way now that he's bigger, making it harder for him to flip on his own. The ultrasound quality wasn't very clear but it was still fun to see him on the screen - seeing as the last time I got to catch a glimpse of him was at the 20 week appointment, and that feels like forever ago. My doctor did confirm that he is laying entirely on my left side, which is what I felt and definitely explains why my left leg/foot is experiencing the most swelling. His head is also still pretty high so she's not concerned that I'll be going into labor early; I was happy to hear that news. Even though I haven't been worried that I would go into labor early - especially considering Mallory was so late - it's always reassuring to hear confirmation from the professional.

Other than just getting more uncomfortable in general as this belly of mine continues to get bigger, nothing new or exciting to report. When Mallory rubs on my belly she always makes sure to point out that Nolan is "getting bigger and will be popping out very soon." She seems to be excited to not just meet her baby brother but also help take care of him. She and I are headed up to my mom's house tomorrow morning for a couple of days to just relax; it'll be my last road trip that I take before Nolan's arrival. It takes about two hours to drive up there and that's pretty much my max now of what I am able to comfortably handle without feeling like I want to jump out of my skin. This is definitely one of those times when either flying cars or teleportation would really come in handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment