Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Nolan's Room

It took me much longer to finish Nolan's room than it took me to finish Mallory's, but part of it was that I was just taking my sweet time and wasn't in as much of a rush. I think it's probably safe to say that with each kid you have, you tend to not be in as big of a hurry. Mainly because you already have your hands full taking care of the kid(s) you have, but also because you learn that things will typically fall into place regardless of the deadlines you might have set for yourself. It has been kind of nice not feeling as anxious with preparing for baby number two; I've been much more calm in general this time around.

It's also funny to think that you have to have their room done before they arrive when in reality they typically aren't even using the room until months after they're born. So while I say that I've "finished" his room, I really haven't. I will still continue to add trinkets and pictures along the way, and rearrange things as I start using the room to best fit my needs. However, the important items and theme have been established to pave the way for Nolan to move in and make it his own.

I am so happy with the way that his room has turned out; probably even more so than I was with Mallory's. Maybe because I took my time with it to make sure things were really what I wanted. Or maybe because there are more personal touches with his room that give me more pride in the job that was done. The entire bedding was made by hand by myself and my mom. I painted the tiles for his name and made the ribbon banner that hangs above his dresser. The colors and feel of the room are so peaceful to me; maybe Nolan will pick up on that too and be a calm baby...

Of course I couldn't have completed baby Nolan's room without the help of family. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the Griffith, Viveiros, Shirley, and Dakis families for going in on the expense of his furniture. Nolan is already spoiled and loved by you all and he is so lucky to call you family! I can't wait for you all to meet him!



1 comment:

  1. Nolan's room is so peaceful and comfy looking, must be all of the love from so many that are excited to welcome him into our lives! Good job Jackie...Jesus has blessed your family with His miracles of precious life. Makes a Mamaw's heart so full,my beautiful daughter and now 2 grandbabies, thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete