Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December Love

"It's that time of year when the world falls in love..." That lyric of The Christmas Waltz is so true. It definitely is for me. I absolutely love everything about this time of year. The weather, the extra time with family and friends, the food, the music, the lights, the food, the smell of fresh tree in my house, shopping for others, the excitement it brings to the kids, and did I mention the food?!

Got the tree this past Sunday up at our usual spot in Camino, Carson Ridge Evergreens. The trees weren't as nice as they have been in the past, but you still can't beat going up to chop your tree down. I picked out a White Fir this year; normally I'm more of a Noble Fir kind of gal. I like the look of the White Fir - it's more feathery - but as I was hanging the lights on it I realized the branches aren't as sturdy. So I'm going to have to be mindful as I hang the ornaments, and maybe get a little crafty by bringing in lighter objects.

Last year it took me a long time to get the tree completely decorated because I had major issues with the lights and then started dealing with morning sickness. This year I think it's going to take me a little while to get it completed because I have two kids begging for my constant attention. Mallory is all about helping me this year versus last. She's been playing pretend with the little nativity set I have and it is adorable to watch. Each day I've been chipping away at setting up something Christmas related. It hasn't been the tree yet because that's more of a task I need to do when I can get both kids down for a nap at the same time. I'm hoping that can happen by this weekend at least. And speaking of the kids' sleep, Nolan has been sleeping better at night which I have been loving. It's still not through the night but it's improvement so I'll take it.

Here's the before picture of our Christmas tree; stay tuned for the after!

2 comments:

  1. Did you all go up together this year? A beautiful tree! I bet Mallory is getting excited because she can feel that Christmas love in your home! Have a fun family time decorating it. I remember as a kid decorating the tree. I can still remember my feelings. Make the most of the moment. Mallory will remember for years to come. Aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas trees create so many memories! Have fun with Mallory this year as you decorate, I know this is your "time" Jackie, enjoy every moment like we always have! Merry, Merry, Merry...xo

    ReplyDelete