Friday, December 27, 2013

Nolan: Four Months


Technically he's now four months and seven days old since I'm a little late in posting this. Getting ready for the holiday festivities took all my extra time so blogging was put on the back burner this month. Nolan's routine check up was this morning; he's grown 1/4" but is still the same weight since I put together his monthly stats picture. He got to skip his round of shots this time but not for a good reason: he has an ear infection. My poor little man. It started out as a cold last week and I thought for sure by his doctor appointment today he'd be better. Explains his increased neediness and fussiness. Let's hope this first round of antibiotics does the trick cuz this momma wants her boy feeling better ASAP.

So, who said this little man was allowed to grow up so quickly?! He may look like a baby but I swear this kid is on a mission to grow up faster than he's supposed to. I think it's because he has an older sister that he is enamored with and he's just trying to catch up to her level. He may be a 'momma's boy' but he's also a 'sister's boy' too. In fact I think he likes her more than me sometimes. I'm just grateful that Mallory loves her brother just as much - at least for now anyway.

Still no sleeping through the night, but at least he's only doing one feeding now. He's somewhat of a restless sleeper though so he'll wake himself up throughout the night. Sometimes he'll settle himself back to sleep, but more often I have to rock him back to sleep. So I'm still not getting the best night's sleep - one day. He definitely knows what his bottle is and that it means he gets to eat. If he's close enough to hear me making it, he doesn't even need to see it and he'll start getting excited for what's coming. Typical boy when it comes to his food. He almost always helps you guide the bottle to his mouth and will hold on for a minute, but then becomes lazy and lets go.

He's become a chewing monster. His favorite chew toy is dad's fingers - he'll go to town on Jody's hand, growling and drooling all over the place. He also likes the Oball toy because its easy for him to grasp his little fingers around. Overall he attempts to grab anything that's within his reach and then proceeds to taste and slobber all over it. Including his feet which now fit nicely in his mouth; it's quite entertaining to watch. Mal never did the feet in the mouth. Rolling over is second nature now. Time for me to stop walking away after setting him down if it's not on the floor.

Christmas was magical for Nolan in the sense that he loves to stare at all the lights. The tree was a tool we found useful to calm him down if we needed to. I'm going to miss that tree for more than one reason when it gets taken down next weekend. Another calming tactic we learned about this past month: the mirror. Big sister always liked the mirror too, and still does. Mirrors are pretty cool, especially to innocent little babies so I understand the allure. I mean, look at this handsome little fella - I'd want to stare at myself too!





1 comment:

  1. Look at you Nolan, such a big man, you are the cutest little boy I've known, even if you do spit up on me! Watching you grow is a wonderful journey, especially from a Mamaw's perspective, please know you are treasured and I am ready to squeeze you again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete