Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Face Art

Last Saturday Folsom hosted a Christmas Craft Fair throughout the streets of old town. I remember going to holiday craft fairs as a kid with my mom and I loved it; couldn't wait to see all the beautiful ornaments that people made or brought to sell. So you can imagine my excitement when we were on our way to join in on the holiday fun. Unfortunately the craft fair that I had envisioned didn't turn out to be much - most of the booths that were there weren't even selling Christmas-related items, let alone handmade ornaments. My biggest disappointment was the fact that they didn't have Santa there for the kids. No Santa at a Christmas Fair? That just seems wrong. And of course I had already told Mallory before we got there that he might be there. My bad. Luckily I can redeem myself when we have our community holiday party this weekend since I know for a fact he'll be there.

Even though the craft fair was a bit of a let down for me, we still had fun. And Mallory's Santa-setback was quickly forgotten when we found the free face painting booth. She was a little reluctant at first but seeing the other kids getting it done made her want one too. After going back and forth on what to get, she settled on a candy cane. She loved it and wanted it to be there forever, "like mommy's tattoo." Uh oh. She continues to ask for a face painting each morning now; maybe its time for me to add Face Painter to my resume.






No comments:

Post a Comment