Monday, October 18, 2010

Bath Time

After talking about it for the past couple of days, we finally gave Mallory her first bath since the one she got while in the hospital. We meant to do it yesterday but as first-time parents, we're starting to realize that even though we may want to do things, sometimes it just doesn't happen that way. Our schedule is no longer what we want; Mallory now rules our schedule. And even though I'm used to being in control of schedules, I'm letting go and understanding that if I just go with it I'll be less stressed out in the end.

After skimming over the snippet on bath time in my What to Expect the First Year book I gathered all the items we would need, set up the Froggy Bath, and Jody and I worked together to get our little girl clean. We had prepared ourselves to endure her crying knowing that she most likely wouldn't be a happy camper. We tried to console her with her paci in the beginning, but she wasn't having any of it. Surprisingly she didn't belt out that high pitch cry when babies are super mad but she did cry through the majority of her bathing session. As soon as she was wrapped up in her towel though, her crying stopped.

Off to her changing pad where she got a fresh diaper and clean clothes. Once I was confident that she had completely calmed down, she was fed. I told her that it was her treat for enduring such a hardship. If she only knew that having someone pamper you was something that she would look forward to when she got older. I'm sure over time she'll get used to it and not hate it so much, but for now bath time is a little too dramatic to enjoy for Miss Mallory.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Baby ~ Happy parents
    Hope you both get some rest soon! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing! I just want to squeeze the both of you!

    ReplyDelete