Sunday, October 17, 2010

Around the Neighborhood

I broke out the Barbie Ferrari and took Mallory on her first walk around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. It felt so good to get out of the house even if it was only to stroll my own minimal neighborhood streets. Being cooped up in the hospital for almost five days and then confined to remaining downstairs at home because I'm supposed to limit how often I climb stairs can drive any person nuts. I also didn't want to go too far just in case Mallory decided a walk wasn't her idea of fun. However, before we even got out the door, she was content as could be resting snugly in her stroller.

My community is one big circle with four parallel streets in between so there wasn't a whole lot of excitement for me, but I was so focused on how much Mallory was enjoying the walk that I didn't care about the lack of scenery. Seeing how happy she was made me want to go explore the neighborhood next to us, but the pain from my surgery kicked in and reminded me that I need to take it slow; I mean it has only been one week. But I definitely plan on making walks a regular part of our routine knowing that we can strive for greater distances each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment