Monday, October 4, 2010

No Pain, No Gain

Well, I really was hoping that I wouldn't be sitting here blogging about the fact that today marks 40 weeks and I'm still pregnant. I was so wrong when I thought that I would go into labor early. It's crazy though because I honestly thought my intuition that I wouldn't make it to my due date was believable. Kind of makes me question my own intuition; hmmmm.

Today's doctor appointment did however go a little better in the progress report: I'm still only 1.5 cm dilated but I'm 70% effaced and once I'm completely effaced then dilation will most likely happen quickly. The doctor was optimistic that I'll go into labor sometime this week. It's not exactly the news I was anticipating but at least it's progress, so I'll give myself a 'C+' this time. The '+' is for the fact that I'm still continuing to lose weight so I'm happy about that. I have been doing a ton of walking ever since I stopped running; sometimes going three times a day. And even though walking still aggravates my sciatic every single time, I will continue to push forward with all these walking sessions because my contractions have been much stronger lately and walking really gets them going. More contractions, the quicker Mallory gets out; no pain, no gain!

On this evening's walk Jody asked me if I had to guess when I think she's going to be here based on what the doctor said, what day would I say. There was a part of me that didn't want to play that game because I was so wrong before and it left me feeling disappointed. On the other hand, I can't help but think about it anyway so I gave him an answer. I am now guessing that the lucky day will be Thursday, October 7. His prediction was the same, even going as far to say that it will be sometime in the morning. Let's hope that this time the hunch is more accurate and I'm not blogging about being 41 weeks pregnant next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment