Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Joy It Brings

Every year when Christmas time rolls around and I get out the decorations and start putting things in their places throughout the house, I'm always reminded at the joy it brings me. How could this time of year not want to make people smile. Everywhere you look no matter where you are, there's at least one fun thing to remind you it's Christmas: oversized wreaths on doors, bright lights hanging from houses, giant inflatable figures on lawns, goofy looking reindeer antlers or red bows accessorizing cars, snow on the ground (for some of us), Christmas music playing, the jingle of bells, the distinctive shape of the Christmas tree in windows, shopping bags in people's hands. There are many ways that you can be reminded of Christmas during the month of December and I love it.

For me, decorating the house usually takes about a week. Not because I have too many decorations but because I like to be creative and put new twists on things each year. I'll decorate a little here are there, and then let it sit while I think of what else I can add. Though I'm not the type of person who collects things to store, decorating for Christmas can be very costly if you don't use what you have. Thanks to the unlimited design ideas at our fingertips, it's easy to take the old and turn it into something new with small changes. Last year my colors where red, lime green and white. This year I used the same colors and added in purple and silver with lots of glitter. I'm keeping it pretty simple this year and I like it. I would like to get some decor for next year during the after Christmas sales. Next Christmas will be much more exciting when Mallory is older and walking around. I want her to love Christmas as much as I do and I can't wait for her to be involved in decorating with me.


1 comment:

  1. I love your xmas decorations. Good job!!

    Hugs from Lu Lu

    ReplyDelete