Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sold!

I received an early present from Santa yesterday and got a new car. I've wanted one for over a year but wanting and needing are different things. When we found out we were pregnant, trading in my car became more reasonable because a sports sedan is not so baby friendly. But we still wanted to wait to see just how expensive having a baby was going to be. It also gave me a chance to really narrow down what I wanted to get and do my homework.

Once I decided that I wanted to get the Ford Edge we decided to go to the local Ford dealership just to test the waters. It was a couple of months before Mallory arrived and the worst experience I've ever had. We got some punk kid who thought he was Mr. Somebody and yet couldn't even grasp the simple task of listening to us. It was a waste of three hours and we left feeling exhausted. Though I was excited about the prospect of getting a new car I was dreading going through the car negotiation process again. But I kept looking online all the time just waiting for a good deal to reveal itself.

Thursday evening I found one at the Carmax in Roseville that I was very interested in. Knowing that the Edge is really popular right now and they don't stay listed very long I knew I needed to go see it as soon as possible. So Friday afternoon Mallory and I drove over there to see what they could do for us. I had never been to Carmax before and had heard mixed reviews from people about their experience. As soon as I walked in the door and was greeted by John I had a good feeling it was going to be a good experience. Not only did he welcome me but he was very attentive to Mallory and throughout the process made sure to check that she was doing okay.

My biggest worry was how much they were going to offer me for my car. The Mazda wasn't in the best condition but it was still worth more than I owed on it. When he showed me what they were going to give me for it I was stoked; it was more than what I wanted and expected to get for it. I called Jody to tell him the good news. He was still a little reluctant but every question he had I had a good reply so I left him no reason to not go forward with the purchase. I got off the phone, turned to John and said with a huge smile, sold! The rest of the transaction was so simple I thought I was cheating the system. I got to Carmax at 2:00pm and left with my new ride at 5:00pm. Sure beat the last time we spent three hours at a dealership.

This is the first time in my life that I've had a car with such nice amenities and I'm in heaven. The only things that I originally wanted and had to compromise on were the panoramic sunroof and heated seats. But those aren't necessities and for the deal that I received for what I did get, I'm very happy. I've got tons of windows to roll down that can suffice as a sunroof and I'll just have to crank up the heater so the leather seats aren't so cold on my butt. Mallory loves her new ride as well. She was content as can be on the ride home. Now I want to drive anywhere just to be in it; anyone need a ride?!

1 comment:

  1. Jody told me about your interest in the Ford Edge. I started looking around to see what they look like? Very nice! Glad your happy! Glad Jody didn't have a heart attack! xo

    ReplyDelete