Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

I can't speak for Jody, but I'm pretty sure he would have to agree with me in that his Father's Day weekend celebration was the bestest ever. Beginning on Saturday he was spoiled with extra love, some laziness, a few homemade gifts, and cooked a hearty Sunday morning breakfast. We turned the side yard into more of a play area for Mallory and have thoroughly been enjoying it at all hours of the day. She absolutely loves it out there and it's great because I can see her from the entire downstairs so I can continue to do things inside - I love learning shortcuts in parenthood!

Jody totally deserves all of the attention that he has received this weekend from his favorite girls. He is an amazing daddy to Mallory monster. I have seen him grow and become stronger in handling our spitfire little girl - a challenge for anyone - and it makes me so proud. It hurts my pride a tad to admit this publicly, but I've started to notice that Mallory is becoming more of a daddy's girl. Favoring him over me in many situations. I knew it would come but I secretly was hoping it wouldn't be so soon. Happy Father's Day to my awesome husband, who is such a fun dad and so full of love for his little girl!

I would also like to give a "Happy Father's Day" shout-out to my clever-witted father - Ken Griffith in Fort Collins, CO - who I am confident that I got my great sense of humor from; and also to my handyman stepfather - Thomas Shirley in Paradise, CA - who has provided his master skills to come to my rescue many times. They are two men in my life that I was blessed to grow up with and I thank God for their love in raising me. I love you dad and Tom, very much!

Gifts for dad

Being a daddy's girl

Pigging out on waffles

LOVES her daddy

Best meal of the day

Pulling weeds like dad

Can't say no to chalk

White baby

Silly monster

Yes to crackers

In fruit juice popsicle heaven

Brain freeze eyes

2 comments:

  1. A great collection of smiles! Glad to hear you are getting some Mallory use out of your "yard", makes her happy. Love the brain freeze pic! She appears to be accepting the camera, great shot of her & Jody at breakfast. Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. This means more to me than I ever let on. I am so very much in love with both of my girls.

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete