Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lackluster

It's okay, you can say it; my blog has been quite lackluster as of late. I couldn't agree with you more. It's not that I haven't had plenty of things going on to write about: Jamie & Steven's wedding, Nama & Papa's visit, my work events, Mallory being oh-so-cute. The only reason these items have not made it into a posting on my blog: the stupid, (insert bleep here because I'm really, really mad) camera broke.

I'd have to say that if I had my choice between my camera breaking or my phone breaking, I would choose the phone in a heartbeat. I can't stand not having a camera; it has become a part of me not just because I want to capture these moments in our lives, but because I like to share these moments with my online family. I've lost count on how many times I've gone to grab my pseudo camera from the spot in the house we have it hanging to capture something, painfully reminded that I will not be taking any photos. Grrrrr.

Silver lining: with all the overtime that I am working this month I will be using it to buy the camera that I have always wanted but couldn't afford. And honestly, even with the overtime check I still can't really afford this camera. But I don't care anymore. I'm tired of buying digital cameras that only last two years tops. Besides, I'm confident that this will be one of those purchases that at the time it's hard to justify spending so much on, but it doesn't take long to see the true value that it is. That was my reasoning to Jody when said topic was brought up the other day. I still have a couple more weeks to wait though. Until then I'll have to make do with my iPod - whose camera quality is so crappy that it's pretty much not even worth it to me. So I truly apologize for my lackluster blog but promise that it will turn around soon - because we all know that the one everyone misses hearing about the most is Miss Mallory!

My soon-to-be new love!

4 comments:

  1. You will love it and it is oh so worth it...I've had mine for 4 years and am now ready to upgrade. They have a Rebel bundle at Costco for about $850, but it comes with a bag, 2 lenses, a memory card and of course the camera...its a great deal! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good investment Jac! I have the Nikon D60 and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was beginning to wonder if you two had left town with my sugar bear!! I am so happy you will be "moving up" to this camera, you will love the quality. See you soon, give Mallory hugs and kisses from Mamaw & Pap Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited for you! I know you will put the camera to good use.

    ReplyDelete