Thursday, January 30, 2014

Adding Some Flair

A couple weeks ago I started a little DIY project for Nolan's room: another fabric ribbon garland. I made one to use as decor for his baby shower and ended up hanging it above his dresser because I liked it so much. So it was a no-brainer that I would make another one to hang above his crib. Now that he's sleeping in his crib full time (FINALLY!) I figured it was time to finish that part of the room that I hadn't yet gotten to. I found fabric scraps to coordinate with his crib bedding and made it longer than the first garland so that I could drape it more. I'm not totally sold on the way I hung it but I'm leaving it because every time I see it I like it more; I can always re-hang it if I change my mind. It looks great with the rest of the room and it was a fun and simple project.

STEP 1: Pick out fabric.

STEP 2: Cut fabric into strips and arrange in order of design preference.

STEP 3: Tie strips onto twine until desired length is reached.

STEP 4: Hang!

1 comment:

  1. SUPER nice Jackie, all of the colors look so good together!

    ReplyDelete