Monday, September 13, 2010

Full Term

I am now 37 weeks; full term. I'm getting so excited for Mallory to make her big debut. In fact, even though I sorta wanted her to wait until I finish my last day at work (which is only two more weeks and another thing I'm so excited for), I've now decided that I don't care if I finish work or not. My big, important conference is now out of the way so I feel entitled to be able to leave whenever. The two events that I have left are really simple and could easily be taken over by my boss should I need to leave earlier than my scheduled last day.

Today's doctor appointment didn't really leave me feeling satisfied as to when Mallory might decide to make her appearance. He didn't check me to see if any progression has been made since the last time I was there. Personally I thought from here on out that was just going to be a standard thing since realistically she could come at any moment, but I guess I was wrong. I think one of the reasons he checked me last time was because I told him I would be traveling for work and I was a little anxious about it. So at my appointment next week if they don't tell me to undress from the waist down I'm going to make them aware that I want to be checked. I'm just too curious to not want to know if there's any progress going on so I can at least have some idea of when she might be getting closer to being in my arms.

What's funny too is though I'
m starting to get more impatient now that I'm full term and I know that she would be perfectly fine if she were to come now, I'm also nervous about the whole labor experience in general. I'm not scared, just antsy about being caught off guard when I do go into labor. Like being stuck in rush hour traffic, or when I'm on my morning run (I should start carrying my phone), or stuck in line at the grocery store with a basket full of stuff that I have to just ditch for someone else to put away, or not being able to get a hold of Jody to tell him it's time, or, or, or. I know that it's because this is my first child so I have no idea what to expect and the unknowing makes most people feel uneasy. But overall I just want to get this show on the road. We are completely ready; her room is done (minus the wall art I'm working on), the car seat and diaper bag are in the car, my hospital bag is packed, and we've gotten all of the gear that we'll need right away.

I'm hoping that all this working out that I'm still doing and the cramping and pressure that I've been experiencing more and more of lately means that she'll be here soon. I'll start getting crafty with ways to get myself to go into labor if nothing has happened in the next couple of weeks. At my massage yesterday, the masseuse told me about some pressure points that I could have Jody massage to jump start labor; among all the other tricks that are out there. All I know is that my eagerness to see Mallory in person is starting to get the best of me and I want her here sooner than later. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought!

No comments:

Post a Comment