Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nesting is in Full Effect

They say that typically around the fifth or sixth month of pregnancy is when the nesting instinct can set in, which is fitting because that's when you find out the sex of the baby. Even after we found out we were having a girl and I started immediately looking at how I wanted to design the nursery, I still didn't find myself truly nesting yet. Don't get me wrong, building up her nursery piece by piece and shopping for goodies and gear has been a blast, but it still didn't feel like the nesting phase that you hear about. I remember asking myself if I would ever really feel that nesting phase kick in because I'm usually always cleaning and organizing things. But over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that the nesting is in full effect and I'm having so much fun with it!

I spent all day Saturday getting all of Mallory's clothes, blankets, burp cloths, pillow slipcovers, and extra sheets washed and organized in their drawers and bins. I placed the little Arm & Hammer lavender air fresheners around the nursery, filled the changing table with diapers and wipes, packed the clothes that are too big for now in an underbed container that barely fits under her crib, packed her diaper bag, and vacuumed every nook and cranny (again). I took a break to go over to Target to get her bouncer and put that together - very cute by the way. I think I've even picked out her homecoming outfit; unless I find something I like better when my mom and I get together for one last shopping trip next weekend.

Today I will pack my hospital bag with the necessities from the list that was recommended in the What to Expect When You're Expecting book. Though I know that leaving for the hospital isn't always as dramatic as you see in the movies, I'd rather be prepared considering this is my first child and I have no idea what to expect. So after this weekend, we will be fully ready for Mallory's arrival. I know that once she's here we'll realize that there are things that we still need to get, but overall I feel really good about how prepared we are. From here we just wait until she's ready to grace us with her presence (and of course I'm still praying that it's at least after September 10 when I get back from my conference in San Francisco!).


2 comments:

  1. What a lucky girl Mallory is for having such a Mama! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pack my hospital bag early, it also helps the cost of what is needed to be bought spread out. I'm not due for at least 2 more months and have already started on mine and this is baby #3 :)

    ReplyDelete