Monday, September 27, 2010

Fwamp

Had my doctor's appointment today and my progress report at 39 weeks earns a big fat 'F' for fwamp. I have not dilated any farther than last week's 1.5 cm and I am so bummed. My contractions have become more strong and more frequent and I get nothing. Not even .5 cm of satisfaction for taking on a little more discomfort. This little girl is testing my patience for sure. Here I thought that I would be delivering early and it looks like I might actually go to my due date, if not longer - and by gosh I'm really hoping it's not longer. As much as I've enjoyed this pregnancy, I am so ready to be done being pregnant and holding Mallory in my arms. At least I'm not freaking out over the contractions and running to the hospital only to be turned away. Knowing that I haven't dilated additionally, I think I'll wait to pull the "I think it's time" card until either the pain is so bad I can't stand up or my water actually breaks. So my next appointment is on my due date next Monday; let's cross our fingers that I don't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment