Saturday, January 15, 2011

Channeling Martha

Though I don't make New Year's resolutions, I do believe that it's important to set goals for yourself throughout the year to make sure that you continue to challenge yourself. And when a new year rolls around it can be a great time to reflect on your life and change what you see fit. Kind of like when your boss does an evaluation on your job performance and you work harder in the areas that need some improvement. Unlike New Year's resolutions that only come around once a year, setting goals can happen any time during the year.

One of the goals that I would like to achieve is somewhat simple yet good for the creative side of my brain. The goal: I will be channeling Martha; as in Martha Stewart. I've had a Martha Stewart Living magazine subscription now for almost two years. I absolutely love going through them, admiring the glossy pages filled with genius ideas. But most months after I look through the magazine a couple of times I just toss it in the bin that guests can flip through. Instead I would like to find at least one thing in that month's magazine to actually do. Whether it be a craft idea, a recipe, or an organizational tip. As long as it's something new that I've never done before.

I'm still trying to decide what I'll be doing out of the January edition. I've got it narrowed down to a few choices so I just need to make up my mind. I guess it's good when there's more than one thing that peaks my interest. I actually started this goal last month and made the Pinup Wreath with some of the holiday cards I received. I couldn't find really wide ribbon like the picture in the magazine but I was still happy with the outcome of my project and got some nice compliments on it. I may not be exactly like Ms. Stewart but I enjoy trying!


1 comment:

  1. Give yourself some credit! We know how gifted you are! I love the idea of some day you opening your own business as a wedding planner! I think Ms. Stewart will be reading up on some of your own ideas someday! xo

    ReplyDelete