Monday, January 10, 2011

Three Months

Little girl is three months old today. Her personality is starting to bloom and it's fun to see her change and become more of a little buddy. She's much more playful and smiley, and has even started to turn her giggles into more of a laugh. She hasn't figured out the shrieking when excited but I'm sure it'll come soon enough. She totally comes out of her shell when she's on her changing pad. She loves it so much that we also have one downstairs that we put on the couch. This is also the spot where she babbles the most. Jody's nickname for her is Burbles, so cute. Sometimes she talks so much it's as if she's spilling her guts to you. I love her when she's in these moods and they're starting to happen more frequently. She still has her grumpy days - like yesterday - where I wouldn't mind letting someone else borrow her for the day. Then again, so do adults so who am I to complain.

She is still trying to master sleeping through the night. Definitely better ever since rediscovering the magic of the swaddle, but she still wakes up at least once or twice at night. Most times I can get away with just giving her her pacifier, other times I have to give her a small midnight snack. Just enough to make her think her tummy is full to knock her back out. I'm starting to pick up shortcuts that I can do to make things easier; the things that only becoming a mother can bring out of you. I'm still amazed at how different even I am becoming through this process and I'm proud of how I've handled it thus far.


Maternity leave will be over for me at the end of this month and I am starting to realize how much I'm going to miss being with her during the day. Though I don't see myself as one, I now know why so many women decide not to go back to work and become a stay at home mom. These past three months have been surreal, scary, emotional, fun, not so fun, and awesome all at once. They have gone by so quickly and yet so slowly. Mallory has touched my heart in a way that only your child can do. My love for her is so different than any other love I've known and I am having so much fun falling harder in love with my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment