Thursday, January 6, 2011

Make It Work

So my training for the Shamrock Half Marathon officially began this week and I'm already nervous. Not because I'm worried I can't handle my training regimen but because I'm worried how much time I'll be able to devote to it each day. The training schedule that I use I found online a couple of half marathons ago and I tweaked it a bit as I found what best fit my running style. As with any half marathon training schedule, there's going to be some form of exercise required almost every single day of the week. My schedule requires six out of the seven days, which is a lot when I work full-time. And now that I also have to stack on my plate a little girl to look after, it leaves me even less time during the day. However, I knew this going in and I'm determined to figure out a way to make it work. I have a feeling it means that my sleep time will be effected, but I understand that it's only for a few months and I've lived off of less sleep before so I don't think I'll die. So let's do this so I can finally be in the sought after 13.1 club that I've trained four times to be a part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment