Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slouching

Mallory is starting to get better at sitting up on her own but still needs our assistance. For the first few minutes when you let go of her she'll sit there pretty steady. Then she'll slowly start to wobble back and forth or side to side until she falls over. Don't worry, I'm a good mother and make sure that my hands are there to support her back down. But every now and then she'll fall forward and not be able to get herself back up straight, sitting there slouching to the point where her face is almost touching her toes. And from the look on her face I know she doesn't like it. So what do I do? Keep her uncomfortable for just a little bit so I can grab my camera and take a picture. What a meanie I am sometimes, yet I know I'm not the only mom who would do this. She has to learn how to keep her balance somehow so struggling in an uncomfortable position for a little bit is just part of the learning process. Good thing babies are really flexible because if I were to try this I would be in a lot of pain.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture Jacqueline. Way to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete