Thursday, February 3, 2011

January's Channeling Martha Moment

Okay, so I'm a little behind with this one. However, I did do most of the project in January so it counts in my eyes. I'm just finishing it up and blogging about it in February. My bad; it won't happen for the project I do out of February's issue. For some reason the month of January totally slipped past me as if though it were a ninja. I think it was because I knew it was my last month before I went back to work so I was trying to squeeze in and soak up as much as I could. But even in the hustle and bustle of the month, I was determined to stick to my goal of channeling Martha.

I was contemplating between a couple of different projects in the magazine before I decided on the one that I chose. January's channeling Martha moment was from the Good Things section. Though the actual craft was to create a New Year's greeting for those who didn't send Christmas cards - which I did - I tweaked it and turned the greeting into a thank you note. I got the paper at Michaels and chose a variety of patterns that were within the same color palette so the notes would compliment each other when grouped together. Everything else about the project I followed according to the magazine's instructions; very easy, very quick to do (except when you're a new mom!), and very stylish. I love that you don't need an envelope, especially since the paper is so beautiful the last thing you want to do is hide it. I will definitely continue to use this creative idea for future notes as it's a fun twist on having just plain white paper stationary.



No comments:

Post a Comment