Monday, February 28, 2011

February's Channeling Martha Moment

It's the last day in February and a good one at that. The weather was absolutely beautiful, work went by fast and I accomplished a lot of things I wanted to finalize, went for a family run, Mallory's been all smiles and burbling away; definitely a good day. So to top off my good day I decided to slide in my February's channeling Martha moment. It's from the Make and Give section, though these Chewy Chocolate Chunk-Cherry Cookies are so yummy that I'm not so sure I want to give them away.

Of course I had a little helper in the kitchen. She was actually more of a supervisor and she did a great job at it. The recipe called for dried cherries and for some reason I had a hard time finding them so I went with dried cranberries soaked in cherry juice. The dough balls were a little bigger than I'm used to but they turned out perfect; crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Accompanied with a glass of cold milk, this was a nice way to end a nice day.

 


 Look at this adorable ruffle butt. Ready for bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those cookies sound yummy, glad you tried the recipe, now I know. Your "assistant" is very cute, especially with her ruffled bottoms! What pure joy life can be with such a wonderful day! See you soon, Love Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a site! I was craving chocolate last night!!! Jac, I am still waiting for you to walk on water next? Beautiful in and out are you! Miss Mallory is perfect and I love my Son even more because he had the good since to marry you, and you two gave us Miss Mallory! It just gets better and better! Love you 3!

    ReplyDelete