Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend with the Girls

This weekend was a really great one for me. My boss' birthday was earlier this month and to celebrate she invited a group of ladies up to her condo in Tahoe; a weekend with the girls. I was totally looking forward to it especially because I had a pretty stressful week at work. It was the first time I would be an entire day and night away from my little girl and although I was going to miss her like crazy, I knew she was in good hands with her dad.

With the weather that we had last week there was some worry that we might not be able to even get up the mountain on Saturday. We all met at Heather's house early yesterday morning to assess the road condition-situation. I think all five of us needed this mini vacation because we were determined to at least see how far we could get. We all piled in to Jen's 4-wheel drive Explorer and hit the road. Chain control was just past Colfax and we were stopped on the freeway for about an hour before we moved again. Once we did start moving again it was slow going all the way to the Truckee scales. It took us five hours but we got to our destination and the scenery was amazing.

After a brief stop to unload our things and refresh ourselves, we went over to the Lone Eagle Grille for some wine and spectacular views of the lake. It was beautiful but extremely windy; the waves coming in were the biggest I've ever seen for Tahoe. If the dock hadn't been closed off I would've loved to have gone out on it to ride the waves! We hit up the grocery store on the way back to pick up the menu items that we chose after brainstorming over our glasses of wine. King salmon, salad, and bread were made for dinner and it was delicious. Now that I know how easy it is to cook salmon I'm not afraid to try it at home one of these days. After stuffing our bellies we broke out the board games. Jen and I teamed up for Pictionary and kicked butt big time. It was like we were twins communicating telepathically because we were able to guess correctly on each others sketches even though our drawings were extremely amateur. Heather's customized Jenga game was also a hit and made for some great laughs.

Girl time is so nice to have once in awhile, and getting away to enjoy it in gorgeous Tahoe made it even nicer. We all had a great time and created memories that I know I'll forever cherish. Luckily the drive back home today was much easier and only took the normal two hours. I was grateful to get home to Mallory and Jody. Mallory was just waking up from a nap when I walked in the door and she greeted me with a big smile. My weekend with the girls was a lot of fun and I look forward to the chance we are able to do it again!




2 comments:

  1. MUMMY ...
    You forgot to mention your "pit stop" on the freeway ...
    AND ... it was NAKED Jenga!

    Hugs and Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have had some great ME time, are you back in Crazyland? The pictures are beautiful! So happy you let Daddy have special Daughter time! BUT, I think he cheated? I saw a picture of Jamie and Kaylee helping! xo

    ReplyDelete