Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pancakes & Pajamas

We had Mallory's second birthday party on Sunday morning, where the theme was 'Pancakes & Pajamas.' I don't remember how I came across this idea for the party, but as soon as I did I was in love with it. I wanted a more toned-down version of her first birthday party, but I also knew myself well enough to know that I still had to plan a fun party. I mean, I am an event planner and all - and who wouldn't want to throw a party for kids!

I feverishly cleaned and disinfected the house a little more than usual on Saturday, feeling good with the fact that not only was I doing it for the kiddos but also to give the house one of those 'deep cleans' that I should be doing once in awhile anyway. Having a clean home makes my OCD happy. The decorations were simple - sheets for tablecloths, pillows and stuffed animals strategically placed, and lots and lots of balloons. I set up a kids table in the garage that acted as not only a place for them to eat, but also where they got to do arts and crafts.

The hardest part of the party was making the pancakes. I had waited until most people arrived before I started cooking them, and while my intention to have fresh pancakes was good, it required my full attention and took me away from having fun with the kids. I should've cooked them right before people got there and then put them in the oven to keep warm. Lesson learned. I also realized half way through the party that I hadn't been taking pictures, so there were some moments that I missed capturing that I'm a little bummed about. I'll just have to steal those pictures from those who did remember to use their camera.

Mallory was super sad when the last party go-er left, but nap time had already been delayed for extra play time, and sure enough she was out within minutes of putting her down. Overall, the party was a huge success and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Mallory have a blast with her friends. 

The invite

Arts and crafts

The pancake bar

My silly monster

Bubbles

Modeling her Minnie pj's

Annoyed that I wanted to take her picture

Being carefree


Playing with her presents




Birthday girl

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful party for Miss Mallory mama! You did a beautiful job and it clearly looks like it was a great success! Thank you Jac for the hard work you put into your blog to keep our family close! See you soon! Much love and God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome & adorable idea!! Might need to steal it someday. :) Looks like she had a blast! Happy Birthday Mallory!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun at your party Mallory, you are a joy my little SugarBear! Loved to hear all of the girls giggling...Love, Mamaw

    ReplyDelete