Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Farm

Last Sunday was niece Kaylee's ninth birthday, and to celebrate we all ventured down to Wilton to visit Fog Willow Farms. I had never heard of this pumpkin farm before which somewhat surprised me considering I grew up near the Sacramento area and it's not really that far away. Everyone usually always talks about Bishops or Apple Hill, which are great spots but very, very crowded making it almost impossible to really enjoy if you have to go on a weekend. And even though Fog Willow was busy, there was still plenty of room without feeling like a sardine. The only line we waited in was for a tractor ride. Mallory was all about the tractors that were freely roaming around the farm; the whole time were looking at the animals she kept mentioning the tractor. As for the animals, she wanted nothing to do with them. She was somewhat afraid of the goats when we went in to feed them. She kept hiding behind my legs, but towards the end I was able to talk her into petting one for a second. When she realized there were fun horse swings on the playground, she of course didn't want to leave them. I literally had to pull her off and bribe her with some hay stack climbing. After playing in the hay and getting it all over ourselves, we went on the hunt for some perfect pumpkins. Pumpkins that were way over priced in my opinion, but it's all worth it when you know the kids are having a blast!












1 comment:

  1. I love to see the families together! My heart always gives thanks to our Lord for this blessing.
    I am also grateful for you parents, who provide such family outings. Great parenting Kiddos!
    Ted, Jake and I would like to celebrate Christmas this year in CA. Let us know if you have other plans?
    Love and miss you all~

    ReplyDelete