Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Party! Party!"

Last night, Mallory and I headed over to Colleen's house for her Annual Halloween Pumpkin Carving Party. It was our second year going and just as much fun as I remember. Even monster was pumped up on the drive over chanting, "Party! Party!" from the backseat every few minutes. Have I mentioned how adorable she has been lately; I love hearing her mind speak!

We got a little more creative on the costumes this year than last. Last year I put her in some pajamas that looked like a ladybug and called it good, and didn't even take the time to put myself in anything other than comfortable clothes. This year I at least used some actual costume-type props to make her look more like Minnie Mouse, though I can't take all the credit as the ears were a gift from Nama and the tutu was recycled from her one year birthday party. I'm cheap, what can I say. For myself, I took an idea from a Google search of 'DIY Halloween Costumes' for a Mad Scientist. Most of the items I needed I found around the house, and picked up the rest for less than $10 at Target.

We brought along with us a platter filled with cute, Pinterest-inspired mummy cupcakes to share, of course partaking in some ourselves. Colleen made her famous chili which was even more yummy than I remember. Monster and I didn't do any pumpkin carving - we had our fill last weekend - so we enjoyed watching others get dirty with guts and seeds instead. She was having fun being the little entertainer for those standing around, dancing and jumping on laps and playing hide-and-seek. When the carving was complete and the pumpkins were lit, Mallory broke out in the 'Happy Birthday' song; fitting I guess considering it's that particular pumpkin's first Halloween. Mal was acting like such a rockstar that we ended up closing down the place and were the last ones out the door. We had a lot of fun and look forward to next year's festivities.

 













3 comments:

  1. How cute she is! Party, party, huh? She is so fun to listen to and watch now, she is going into the really interactive age and she does it well..Cupcakes look yummy Jackie, good job..Happy Day to all of you..Love, Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Minnie Mouse! Looks like a very fun evening for Minnie! Nama and Papa thank you for your sweet note and the beautiful picture that is now on display! We love and miss you Minnie Mouse. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture you sent and the lovely note made my day. Mallory looked so poised. It's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete