Tuesday, May 21, 2013

26 Weeks and Comparing

I still have some of the clothing that I had when I was pregnant with Mallory so I put on the below dress and did a little comparing of my belly. The first picture is 26 weeks with Nolan and the second picture is 25 weeks with Mallory. There really isn't a huge difference in size; if anything I was just carrying higher with Mallory. This actually makes me feel a little better because I seriously sometimes feel like my belly is so much bigger this time around.

I've gained 20 pounds thus far which I'd like to consider reasonable, and I'm trying my hardest to stay near the same amount of weight that I gained with Mal (30 pounds). I'm still running frequently but I've already lowered my mileage to two miles because more than that aggravates my sciatic and it's just not worth it. I'm also doing The Dailey Method classes until the package I bought runs out, and there's always my fallback of kickboxing videos at home. Keeping up with a very active toddler has also proven to be a good workout; she rarely lets me just sit a relax. I've stopped feeling guilty if all I want to do is veg out while monster takes her naps now because I just get so tired by mid-afternoon. I also figure I don't have much time left to take advantage of the quiet time with Nolan arriving soon and Mallory weaning off her naps.

Unfortunately I can't say that the morning sickness is gone. I'm still taking Zofran to help with the nausea and occasionally will throw up first thing in the morning. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will have to deal with it throughout my entire pregnancy; lucky me. The past couple of days I've been nauseous all day like I was towards the beginning of my pregnancy which has not been fun. I'm hoping it's not a sign that those days are coming back.

Nolan's movements are stronger and easier to see from the outside now. My belly contorts quite often when he's changing positions; it's funny to watch. He's gotten better at not keeping me up so much at night with his moving around but that doesn't mean I'm sleeping comfortably. On average I wake up every couple of hours but it's mainly due to just being annoyed with my sleeping position; I am not a lover of sleeping on my side at all. Mallory loves to cuddle up next to my belly and talk to him, and sometimes he even responds by kicking. She always laughs when she's able to feel him and will even tell him to "settle down" if he continues to move around. She's going to be a great big sister - even if she is a little bossy!

26 weeks with Nolan

25 weeks with Mallory

2 comments:

  1. You look pretty equal in these pics, but you are carrying more out front/lower. Your weight gain looks equal too and I think you will be just fine. Take your rests Critter, you need to allow Nolan to use some of those calories too!Besides, you also need to "catch up" from night time. I love you, you look great and I think Nolan will be 8 lbs. and look like Momma!

    ReplyDelete