Friday, May 31, 2013

27 Weeks

Here's my 27 week belly (though because I'm late to post this I'm actually closer to 28 weeks). Not much change, in fact I've actually lost a little bit of weight in the last week. Oh darn. It's only because I've been running more often - with the really nice weather we've been having I can't help but want to be outside running in it. It also helps that my morning sickness has gotten a little better. I still have to turn to Zofran once in a while but not everyday, and I went a whole five days without throwing up - that's a new record for me!

My energy level has gotten better which I attribute to the boost in running - gotta love that benefit of exercise. But I don't shy away from naps on the weekends and will sometimes lay down for an hour when Mal naps during the weekdays. I've got my hands on a couple of books right now (The Next Best Thing and Orphan Train) so I've been using my downtime to read rather than sleep. It's been a nice change to not feel so exhausted in the afternoon so I'm soaking it up while it lasts.

I go in for my monthly check up this morning and it includes the icky Glucose test. I will say though that I don't think the test will be as painstaking as usual now that I have Kaiser and everything is housed in the same building. I can pick up my drink right before my doctor's appointment and take it with me to drink while I'm upstairs with my doctor. Then on my way out I'll go back down to the lab and get the blood work done. The hardest part should just be the actual blood work - I'm not a fan of getting my blood taken. It makes me feel weird especially when they have to take so much at once.

I've hit a lull in finishing up Nolan's room. I've been so focused on cleaning and purging that now I feel like a I need a bit of a break before I start plugging away at the rest of the decorating. I picked up his dresser/changing table a few weeks ago but it's from IKEA so I have to put it together. I had every intention of assembling it last weekend but when I pulled out the instructions and saw how many pieces and steps there are in order to put it together, the motivation drained right out of me. This weekend, I swear.


1 comment:

  1. Jackie, my precious daughter, you look healthy, happy, and at peace...all answers to daily prayer for you! Praise Jesus...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete