Friday, June 28, 2013

A Trike with Some Style

For those who aren't in the Sacramento area, it's been crazy hot here lately. Over 100 degrees every day and will stay that way into next week. Summer is definitely here now. And while I can't totally complain because we have had a pretty mild summer thus far, I can complain because I'm having to endure it while really pregnant. Being hot and sweaty does not make carrying a baby in your belly any easier that is for sure. I've been having to get my runs in before 9am otherwise it's just too much for me to handle. This morning Mallory and I were out the door before 8am and I was still drenched in sweat by the time we were done. But even though it's insanely hot I still like to be outdoors and so does Mallory - we're two peas in a pod in that sense.

The Griffith family sent Mallory an awesome new bike so I assembled it for her yesterday morning. She was anxious the whole time I was putting it together, offering me tools and help constantly just so it would be done faster. She's a little impatient but what kid isn't when they're waiting on a fun, new toy. As soon as I gave her the green light that she could start using it she was off in a flash riding it up and down the alleyway; only stopping long enough to allow some of her other toys a ride on the back. She doesn't use the pedals, opting to shuffle her feet along like the Flintstones - "it's faster that way Mommy." She loves her new bike and I can tell that it makes her feel more grown up. Thank you Griffith family!






5 comments:

  1. That is one awsome bike Miss Mallory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! How cool ? Looks like the trikes they used to make when we were kids. Haven't seen anything like this in a long time. I guess it's hard to improve on a good idea. We hope she enjoys her new trike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot... If you have some old fashioned clothes pins, I can supply a few baseball cards to put on the wheels so it will make that cool noise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ted, I love your idea with the baseball cards! Yep, we did that, too! We're so glad Mallory likes her bike. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it and just had to get it for her! Try to stay cool out there!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful set of wheels for you Mallory! Very Cool, yes she needs cards for some bling, thank you to the Griffiths for such a special gift!

    ReplyDelete