Friday, June 14, 2013

Gave it a Whirl

I took Mal over to the Folsom Aquatic Center this morning for their Little Dippers session - an hour and a half where they only let kids six and under in. It was the first time we had been to that section of the pool before (we did swim lessons in the main pool last summer) and I didn't realize that there wasn't really an area just designated for swimming. It was more waterfalls and shooting streams of water and slides and buckets that pour water on your head. I thought it looked like a lot of fun, and so did Mallory at first. But as soon as we got up close to the water streams and she experienced a dumping of water on her head she was totally over it. Like wanted out of the pool immediately. We then sat on our lounge chairs watching the other kids playing as she tried to gather up the courage to go back out there, but she couldn't do it. I tried coaxing her a couple of times by going just in the wading part of the pool, but she kept her distance on the sidelines. We tried; though I have to say I was a little surprised she didn't like it. She loves swimming in the pool and playing with water guns but I guess the streams of water were too much for her. I'm sure next summer she'll be all about it. We'll just stick to our community pool where it's a little calmer.





1 comment:

  1. You look so cute Mallory all dressed for swimming, Papa and I miss you and look forward to swimming at your pool with you this summer! XOXO

    ReplyDelete