Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Art Party for the Birthday Girl

We hosted Mallory's birthday party Saturday and it was a lot of fun. She had been excited for this party ever since the invitations arrived in our mailbox and I told her what they were for; that was at least three weeks ago. Almost every day I would get a, "Mom, is it my art party today?" While the question eventually became redundant to hear it was still cute knowing that she was super excited.

The highlight of the party for my birthday monster was definitely the painting portion. She painted three canvases as well as pages that were meant for coloring with crayons and markers instead. She probably could've painted all night long if we had let her. She was out in that garage until dinner time being a little artist. So cute. Maybe she got my love for arts and crafts...

We had a nice little group of kiddos running around - and more crawling and being held amongst us adults too. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for having an indoor/outdoor set up; another reason Fall is my favorite season. I tried to not go too overboard on my planning ideas for the simple fact that I knew with my lack of sleep and time, I'd likely end up overwhelmed. I still ended up having to nix a couple of ideas because I ran out of time, but I wasn't sweatin' it. Mallory and her friends had a blast, and surprisingly no meltdowns from anyone. It was a fantastic day as we celebrated a fabulous little girl turning another year older.















1 comment:

  1. Fun day Jackie, it turned out great, the kids,and adults,had a good time and Mallory loved it! And I have a wonderful pic of me and Nolan now! We were a good team Critter, your planning shined, success once again...Love you

    ReplyDelete