Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Carving Party

A friend of mine hosts a pumpkin carving party each year and it's always a super fun time. I never participate in the actual carving of the pumpkins but that doesn't stop us from dressing up in costumes, munching on some delicious chili and snacks, watching the kids run around like crazy, and catching up in true adult style - with some good wine and beer.

Costumes this year didn't go totally as planned. Nolan was really the only one sporting his entire get-up while we were there - a nerd. Mallory was Belle and had such a beautiful dress that everyone kept complimenting her on, but as soon as she saw the other kids running around she couldn't get it off soon enough. Now I will say that it's partly my fault because I didn't have time to hem it so she kept tripping on it as she was playing, so I get why she didn't want to wear it. And then there was me. I was so unmotivated that I stole part of Mallory's costume from last year - her Minnie Mouse ears headband. Needless to say that they didn't stay on my head for very long.

My culinary contribution to this year's festivities was something new for me. I found a recipe for a Baked Brie & Apples Pastry on Pinterest and not only was it crazy delicious, it was so incredibly easy to make. It smelled so yummy as it was baking that I knew it was going to be a big hit. I think I had at least three bites and could have easily gone back for more. I'll be making that one again; maybe try it with peaches or strawberries (like the recipe actually called for) next time.







1 comment:

  1. How cute is Nolan! I love Mallory with her hair in ponytails, single or double, so precious...that recipe looks super Jackie, I think I could like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete