Thursday, October 24, 2013

Zittel Farms Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday I took the monsters over to Folsom's local pumpkin patch. We had been to Zittel Farms before but only at Christmas time for a tree, not for pumpkin season. Our original plans were to go with a group of moms and kiddos over to The Pumpkin Farm, but sickness came knocking at some of their doors so plans were halted. I had already told Mallory the night before we'd be going to the pumpkin patch so I couldn't back down, otherwise boy would I hear it. However, I knew I didn't want to fight the madness of crowded, popular farms by myself so Zittel Farms it was.

It's smaller and doesn't have as many activities for the kids, but enough to keep my toddler entertained as the little man slept away on my chest in the carrier. I'm kind of bummed they didn't have a petting zoo, but they did have some animals for the kids to look at. After selecting our pumpkins and packing up the car, I noticed Mallory staring at the goats next to where we were parked. She was eating some apple slices I'd given her and so I let her sneak feeding them a few. It was super cute to see how excited she got when the goats would nibble them out of her hand. The trip was short since there wasn't much to do, but we got what we came for. Now onto the pumpkin carving party we have to look forward to this weekend!










1 comment:

  1. Nice day for a visit to the pumpkin patch, Mallory looks so cute with her ponytail. If you have any paints left, she could paint a pumpkin being the painter she is! Nice pics Jackie, thanks...XOXO

    ReplyDelete