Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Around and Around

My girlfriend Annie is in town with her little one, Sawyer so we got together today for a play date - both for the kids and for us adults. She lives down in San Diego so I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but lately she's been coming up every couple of months to visit with her parents so it's a win-win. Mallory was very interested in baby Sawyer (he's 4 months old) and wanted to hold him and touch him as much as possible. It was very cute to see and made me think of how she'll be with her own little brother.

I had a shirt to return so we all headed over to the mall for some window shopping and play time. Now that I'm no longer working and bringing in a paycheck I have to be more careful when I go shopping not to buy things that aren't a necessity. So I was proud of myself when I didn't even purchase something in place of the item I was returning. Besides lunch and a token for the merry-go-round, I didn't buy a thing. The last time Mallory went on the merry-go-round she didn't really like it, but she insisted that she wanted to go on it. It was either that or a picture with the Easter bunny, but with the cheapest picture package over $20 to sit with a weird looking bunny I felt the merry-go-round was a much better deal. After picking out the zebra for her ride, she was all smiles and laughter as we rode in our little circle. This time the tears came after the ride was over because she didn't want it to end. She still doesn't understand that all things must eventually come to an end and there's always a next time - we'll get there one day.





2 comments:

  1. You and Mallory should come down to Jelly Belly this week and take a picture with the Easter Bunny! It would be free for you since you are my good friend! Plus, the tour of Jelly Belly is free and you get free jelly beans! Let me know if you would be interested in coming down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and Annie to share time as Moms now...also good to see Mallory smiling on the merry-go-round this time, she was so sad that time I was with you two. Such a fun age she is in right now! Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete